There are always lots of people telling you and offering advice, on what you should do in any situation. That's important and also needed, certainly. However, sometimes it is also important to know what you ought to not do, what you ought to avoid - especially when talking about Search Engine Optimization.
This article then, is about how to avoid the dangers associated with SEO that can have a negative affect on your website rankings for years to come. It does not explain to you how or what to do, instead it offers 5 things you will actually want to avoid if you seriously want to avoid the dangers associated with SEO..
Here then, are the 5 things to avoid:
1. Haphazard Backlinking. The reason why you should not do this is that links on some sites will actually hurt your rankings. Remember, reputation goes both ways. Spammy or over-linked sites are a tip-off to Google that maybe a site isn't of the highest caliber.. Preferably, you should Identify sites that Google like. How do you do that? Look at the results that Google gives for your target keyword and get a backlink there..
2. Keyword Stuffing. For the reason that Google isn't stupid. If you say "Mosquito Repellent" 200 times in a 500 word article, you're either trying to game the system, or you're a very unimaginative writer. Instead, just Use a variety of ways to talk about your topic. Google has and is developing semantic technology that actually knows how terms are related to other similar terms. If you don't write in a natural manner that include a variety of related terms, Google will notice. This brings us to the next point.
3. Trying to "Game" the System. Clearly this is a no-no. And what you need to be doing instead is to GIVE GOOGLE WHAT IT WANTS! Google wants it's human users to keep coming back - so create great content to attract human visitors.
4. Ignoring Social Media. Social media is the place where notable products and businesses are talked about. If you're not there, Google will notice.. And so you should Tweet, Facebook, Blog and post videos on a regular (at least weekly) basis..
5. Going Stagnant. It is oftentimes hard to avoid this but a static website is a boring website - and Google wants to send its users to something interesting - not something created in 1995. Alternatively, remember that if you're following step #4 then you're creating new content all the time - and most social media sites allow you to embed your social content in your website too.
Carefully and conscientiously avoid these 5 common errors, adopt the alternatives offered instead, and your cash flow and prosperity are going to be much the better for it.